Every year in October I take my kids to a pumpkin farm for all things Fall fun. A day of playing in mud, obstacles courses, cold weather and hay rides to the pumpkin patch is something they look forward to every year. It is also every year during this trip that I get the best revelations.
This time last year a lot weighed on my heart, I was single, at a new job, caring for my sick mom and low key depressed. My children have grown so much sense then, and frankly so have I. Every fall as the season change, I begin a period of reflection. I reflect on all that has changed with who I am as a woman, mom, daughter etc. This trip of course did just that... Here are the my top 5 life reflections has inspired by this trip:
Top 10 Mama Reflections:
1. Children are resilient, but that doesn't mean we should forget that they need guidance and check-ins.
2. Let kids be kids. Let them get dirty, play and mud and be free.
3. Bigger is not always better. Sometimes joy comes with the smallest pumpkin. (See King's Picture - no matter how hard I try to persuade him for the bigger pumpkin his heart was content with the small pumpkin )
4. Dress in layers. You can always take clothes off if when it gets hot, you can't always put them on if you didn't start with them.
5. Capture memories. Take pictures and tell stories about the them later.
Im the mama of Marli Amor and Kingston Ase.